+49 3581 42350 email@example.com Berliner Straße 2 / 02826 Görlitz
Schwiessel Castle is situated in a friendly area between Laage and Teterow, about 13 km from each of the two towns. Around 1850 the castle was built by the von Bassewitz family in the Tudor style. From 1945 to about 1985 Schwiessel Castle served as a residential and administrative building. After that it stood empty and fell to its foundations. In 2007 the ruin was given to a new owner who rebuilt the building in its old beauty.
As part of the 2016 Summer Festival, the Festspiele Mecklenburg - Vorpommern inaugurated Schwiessel Castle as a place of culture in August 2016.